At Modern Health, our goal is that you feel confident in the progress made during your one-on-one sessions and continue your care with a coach, in Circles, or using self-guided digital programs. However, every individual and case is unique, and there are situations where more sessions are needed.
As you approach the end of your covered sessions (therapy or coaching), Modern Health encourages you and your provider to discuss whether it’s appropriate to stop sessions, continue, or graduate to another form of care, like Circles and digital programs.
As a Modern Health member, you always have the option to continue working with your provider(s). Your employer may cover additional sessions beyond their covered amount for the year, with a required clinical recommendation from your provider.
It is important to us that you receive the highest quality of continued care during this time. Please consult your provider to create a continued care plan that best suits your needs. Here are a few things to consider:
- If your provider recommends that you continue working together, they may request additional sessions by reaching out to our Provider Support Team at email@example.com. From there, your provider will follow up with you when the review process is complete. Please note that there are many variables in approving additional sessions, including: employer offering, clinical review, and total # of sessions needed. Each request is reviewed on an individual basis and not all will be approved due to these factors.
- Check with your provider directly via email or the Messaging feature if they are in network with your current insurance that may allow for cost-sharing of additional sessions.
- You have access to coaching through your Modern Health benefit that you may use once your therapy sessions are complete. Coaching is a great option to maintain the progress you have made in therapy. You can match with a certified mental health coach through the home screen of our mobile iOS app or Android app. Please note that coaching sessions are unique and not interchangeable for therapy sessions, and vice versa.
- You may utilize the guided digital programs and meditations found on the homepage of your Modern Health app. These light touch programs are great to do during your free time.
- Join a Circle: Modern Health’s new therapist-led community sessions are designed to help you learn skills to manage anxiety, stay connected, and build resilience.
Please note, we are unable to accommodate “bulk” or “group” session allotments or additional sessions based on specific company departments or employee names. Additionally, all session requests must be accompanied with a provider recommendation to ensure we are leveraging our stepped care model.
If you have any questions about additional sessions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your provider has any questions about additional sessions, they can reach out to our Provider Support Team at email@example.com.
Note: We will not disclose any identifying information to your employer. Your request will remain anonymous/confidential. Please keep in mind that not all additional session requests will be approved.