Can I still access Modern Health after I have quit my company? Is Modern Health covered under COBRA?
Termed employees can elect COBRA coverage to retain access to Modern Health and your provider(s) for a designated period of time after your employment term ends. However, COBRA availability is dependent on your employer, since not every employer offers this. We encourage you to first check-in with your employer to see if the Modern Health benefit is offered under COBRA.
Please download our COBRA flyer or continue reading for further instructions.
I already have a Modern Health account. How do I maintain access to my account?
- Sign up for COBRA through your employer
- Log in to your Modern Health account using the email tied to your account
- If your account is tied to your personal email address, you should be able to access your account and provider as per normal
- If your account is tied to your work email address, you will be prompted to add a personal email to your account upon logging in. You will then log in using this new personal email going forward and will retain access to your provider
- If you are unable to log in and your employment term has ended, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to reset your email and password
I do not have a Modern Health account. How do I register for Modern Health?
- Register here using your work email (note: do not register using Single Sign-On)
- Upon logging in, you will be prompted to add your personal email address
- You will then log in using this new personal email going forward
- If you are unable to register, reach out to email@example.com for assistance
How can I troubleshoot if I cannot access my account after enrolling in COBRA?
- If you cannot log in to your account using your personal email, please check whether you previously added a personal email to your account. If a personal email was not previously added, you should still use your work email to log in, even if you no longer have access to it.
- If you cannot log in to your account using your work email, you may have registered previously using Single Sign-On. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to reset your email and password.
- If you are using your work email to log in and have forgotten your password, please reach out to email@example.com to reset your email and password.
How long will I have access to Modern Health for?
You will have access to Modern Health until your COBRA coverage ends. Please note that you will only have access to the number of sessions remaining in your account until your benefit plan's reset date.
How many Modern Health sessions will I have access to under COBRA? What if I have finished using my sessions?
You will have access to the same number of sessions that remained in your account prior to electing COBRA. If you have finished using your sessions, you will still be able to access our digital and Circles offerings but will need to pay out of pocket for additional sessions. The number of sessions you have available will reset on your benefit plan's reset date.
What is available to me after COBRA coverage ends?
After your COBRA coverage ends or if you do not have extended coverage, you can still access care by:
- Attending Circles available to the public at circles.modernhealth.com.
- Coordinating one-on-one sessions with your coach or therapist outside of the Modern Health app and paying out-of-pocket.